Why Choose Indore ?
As Madhya pradesh geographically represents the heart of India, Indore is in all senses the heart of Madhya Pradesh. Indore is the commercial capital of the state and a hub for all major business activities in the western part of Madhya Pradesh.
Foot marks of the royal dynasty meet the pace of the business in Indore. A cosmopolitan city Indore is playing a pivotal role in the business and commerce of Madhya Pradesh. The city after traversing centuries, is poised to become a software and industrial hub, and suitable for inclusion in the coveted category of software city.
In recent years as the state has advanced, the city of Indore has grown many fold and has more business potential to offer than any other city of similar stature in the country. Major corporate and business houses including foreign investors have already invested huge sums of money in concurrent projects going on in and around Indore. Major initiatives are being taken for attracting investors to enjoy the privileges of a developing center.
Indore provides the industries with complete civic and industrial infrastructure. The industrial growth of this region has been phenomenal, multinational and national companies have chosen to set up their industries here, solely because of the infrastructure at Indore.
Indore's Pride PITHAMPUR (known as the Detroit of India)
Pithampur is located on NH79, and NH59 connecting Indore with Ahmedabad touches its fringes. There is a road from Rau to Pithampur which connects it to Indore (22KM). It is also connected to Agra-Mumbai 4 lane road, which is also referred to as NH3.
Nearest airport is Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport at Indore which is about 19KM or 40 minutes.
The new sanctioned railway line between Indore and Dahod will traverse the Pithampur area and will connect the region directly to Indore and Godhra-Dahod-Vadodra in Guarat, boosting industrial, Employment and Export development.
Kinetic Honda, Bajaj Tempo, Eicher Motors, Hindustan Motors, Kores India, Pratap Steel, Prestige Group, Chirag Ingots, Indo German Tools, Crompton Greaves, Onida Saka, Bridge Stone, Dhar Textile, Larsen & Turbo ( L& T), Pratibha Syntex and others.
“Compound Animal” Feed Complex" :
• Soya meal is key raw material in animal feed.
• Presently, India exports because domestic industry does not feed expensive feed to cattle.
• Feed mills require large capacities - 0.2 mn t pa.
• India is a major non - GM soya producer, high demand after EU’s mad cow disease.
• Soya meal price $ 170/ MT; feed $ 800/MT.
• Meal shipped in bulk loose; feed in branded packs, container cargo.
Indore SEZ as Trading & Logistics Hub :
• Most of India’s branded electronic hardware imports are by air- Delhi / Mumbai airport.
• Foreign companies not allowed trading, and appoint for warehousing.
• Agents SEZ policy allows FDI, sales to bonded warehouses inside India, defers duty payment till last point, and control of goods.
Metallugrical Exports : (complimented with Strategic Offshore Warehousing)
• MP has good raw material mix for primary conversion - metallurgy, cement, copper aluminum / hot rolling mills, casting and forging industries
• Globally, these industries are not necessarily port-located; but they are exported worldwide
• Trading in these goods is warehouse-to-warehouse, not factory to consumer
• Stocks need to be close to points of demand
Power Complex :
• Power is the most critical input in many of MP’s metallurgy industries
• SEZ framework is positive for power generation and distribution, (duty-free item)
• Offers low capital and operational costs for metallurgy, cement, casting and forging, supports the international warehousing concept (offsets storage costs partly)
• Potentially benefits even non SEZ exporters in state, and other neighbouring states
Granite Semi-Finishing – Stone Park :
• India’s exports : Rs 1200 crore
• Forms : Polished tiles (55%); Blocks (30%)
• South India : major exporting region
• MP has good reserves of important (black and red) variety, lacks processing facilities
• Mining policy links blocks export to processing capacity, thus negligible export from MP
• International practice - gang sawing and polishing equipment, relocated from buyer countries (Italy, Taiwan)- long lease, adjusted from exports SEZ model suits
• MP policy of value added and also lowers investment costs, finance costs
Fine Cotton Yarn, Fabric Complex :
• India : a competitive player in textiles & garments;
• India’scompetitiveness in garments will be under pressure
• Quota exports will end in 2005 (WTO)
• Small countries will still enjoy duty privileges of RTAs and treaties
• India’s new focus - on fabrics and yarns, which are imported by several small exporting countries
• Yarn, fabrics processing - a large scale industry, benefits from SEZ policy; facilitates storage of imported fiber (fine cotton); supports clustering of MP’s garment export units as well
Automobile and Automobile Ancillary :
• Existing base of local resources to support automobile
manufacturing and assembly, can also be integrated with international companies.
• Indore, Pithampur is an important hub of automobile production.
• Self sufficient industrial cluster consisting of metallurgical, heavy engineering, metal working and assembly activity.
• Existing players like Hindustan Motors, Eicher Motors, Bajaj Tempo, Kinetic Engineering along with the potential theme partners like Ford, General Motors, Harley Davidson (USA), Mitsubishi, Suzuki (Japan), Peugeot (French), Benelli Fiat (Italian) can play major role.
Other important planks for SEZ Indore :
• As a hub for offshore banking units
• Textile / apparel cluster
• Electronic / Computer / Hardware
• Gem and Jewellery / Diamonds
• Leather and Leather Accessories
• IIM - Indian Institute of Management : The 4th IIM in India.
• Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College. (120 Seats for MBBS)
• Dental College. The only one in Entire State Of M.P.
• Veternary College ,Mhow Indore(MP).
• Agriculture College,Indore.
• National Research Center for Soyabean (NRCS)
• Wheat Research Station Maharaja Yeshwant Rao Hospital ,Indore
• Choithram Hospital : Carries out research in medicine including use of Lasers in surgical & Non-Surgical Treatment in collaboration with the Center for Advanced Tech. Indore. Facility for Open Heart Surgery.
• MHOW : MILITARY HEADQUARTER OF WAR (22 Km. From the City)
• (DAVV) Devi Ahilya VishwaVidyalaya : University Established in 1964.
• IIPS (International Institute of Professional Studies) : A new institute under DAVV for Advanced Professional Studies.
Real Estate Indore
Indore is indisputably known as the commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh. Being one of the fastest growing Tier-III cities of India, it is the single largest business centre of the state commanding most of the volumes in trade, industry and services, over other cities in Madhya Pradesh like Bhopal, Jabalpur and Gwalior.
The real estate in Indore is quite upbeat. Presence of manufacturing units of India’s leading companies like Hindustan Motors, Eicher Motors, Bajaj, Force-Mann, Metalman Group, Nicholas Piramal, Bridgestone, Larsen and Toubro, Pratibha Syntex and Kirloskar Brothers Limited at the adjoining industrial hub of Pithampura plays quite a significant role in economic prosperity of the city and subsequently the simmering business activities have been translating into booming property market in Indore.
The biggest commercial project in Indore is coming in the form of automobile testing track at Pithampur. With investment to the tune of Rs 5,000 crore, the track will be the largest in Asia. Not to mention that the economic activities in the city will improve drastically once the same gets ready. As for now, a number of national and international automobile giants have already expressed their interest to begin their operations in Pithampura.
Indore has also emerged up as education hub of the central India with Indian Institute of Management (IIM) leading the trail of colleges for professional studies.
Real Estate Scenario
With a number of mega projects in the pipeline the real estate market in Indore is going under absolutely amazing phase. Both commercial and residential properties in Indore especially near the proposed SEZ and STP have emerged up as the most popular one as well as Amrapali Group, and "Pithampur Gold City" by DHL Infra Bulls Int. Pvt. Ltd.
The industry experts on the other end are of the view that the real estate boom in Pithampur Indore is yet to arrive and it is the right time to buy property in Pithampur Indore. From investment point of view as well, purchasing real estate in Pithampur Indore is a pretty lucrative proposition.
The Madhya Pradesh government has earmarked 2,000 acres of land for an IT SEZ near the proposed international airport. The airport itself will be a catalyst for future real estate development in neighbouring locations.
A lot of land in Indore has already been bought by major national players like DLF, Rahejas, Ansal, Parsvnath. Each of these, says a local source, has over 100 acres in and around the city.
A number of software companies like CSC, Impetus Infotech, InfoBeans have also set up their offices in Indore that has tremendously enhanced city's image as a preferred business destination. The electronics complex in the city houses offices of some of the top telecom and electronics companies of the country and the real estate scene in the area is likely to improve further once the undergoing projects of Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and Software Technology Park (STP) turn on ground.
Delhi - Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) Indore
Pithampur is a town and a nagar panchayat in Dhar district in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is an industrial estate and a suburb of Indore. Pithampur is located at a distance of about 22 KM from Indore via Rau and is 8 kilometres from Mhow, which is another suburb of Indore.
Pithampur is considered as a hub for the automobile manufacturing industry. Some of the major companies that have industrial units in Pithampur are Flexituff International Limited- Kiran Shastri- Manager, L & T CASE Equipment, Eicher Motors, Mahindra 2 Wheelers, Caparo, Bajaj Tempo Ltd., Man Force Trucks, Indorama Synthetics, Steel tubes of India, Bridgestone Tyre Ltd. The construction of Asia's largest auto testing track is also sanctioned by Govt. Of India. Apart from automobile industries, Pithampur is home to various other industries like food processing, chemical processing, distilleries, manufacturing, and textile industries.
Pithampur has a Dry Port facility from Container Corporation India Limited. This facilitates direct exports of finished goods to foreign countries with all paperwork done at Pithampur facility.
Pithampur attracts a lot of migrant workers (both skilled and non skilled) from across the country. The entire industrial area is divided into 3 sectors and has areas marked for various utilities and services.
Pithampur is located on NH79, and NH59 connecting Indore with Ahmedabad touches its fringes. There is a toll road from Rau to Pithampur which connects it to Indore (22KM). It is also connected to Agra-Mumbai 4 lane road, which is also referred to as NH3.
There are regular scheduled mini bus / private bus services between Indore and Pithampur passing through Mhow throughout the day with good frequency. Also there are regular services to District Headquarter Dhar and beyond to Ratlam.
Nearest airport is Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport at Indore which is about 19KM or 40 minutes drive from Pithampur, with multiple daily connections and operators to Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pune, Bangalore, Kolkata, Jaipur, Bhopal, Raipur, and Gwalior.
The nearest railway stations are MHOW (8 km) and Indore (22 km). Mhow is only Meter Gauge Railway stations with limited connectivity to nearby areas whereas Indore (INDB) is a Broad Gauge Terminus and has good connectivity and daily connections to all metros and all major towns of country and the state.
The new proposed and sanctioned railway line between Indore and Dahod will traverse the Pithampur area and will connect the region directly to Indore and Godhra-Dahod-Vadodra in Guarat, boosting industrial development. Also Pithampur is well-known historical city in Madhya Pradesh.